Sign up now to be kept up to date with the latest news, event, & course information.
Substitute Teacher Placement Service
Limerick Education Centre is happy to offer a substitute teacher placement.
How the Placement Service Operates:
- You must register as a substitute teacher with Limerick Education Centre (please refer to the section on ‘registering as a substitute teacher’.
- Registered teachers must telephone or email the Education Centre by 5pm and inform us of your availability for work on the following day. Only teachers who have informed the centre of their availability will be contact for substitute and temporary placements.
- Available substitute teachers are usually contacted between the hours of 8.30am and 10.00am. As we endeavour to fill all placements as quickly as possible we regret that we cannot leave messages for those who fail to answer their telephone.
- Having been successfully contacted by the Education Centre you will be given a contact name and telephone number for the school with the substitute vacancy. You will be requested to call the school and complete a brief telephone interview. On successful completion of same you are asked to notify the Education Centre that you will be providing substitute cover for the school in question.
- A number of qualifying teachers will be contacted for any temporary positions that become available. A formal interviewing process may be conducted if the school feels the period of employment warrants it. Please note, teachers on career breaks are not eligible for temporary positions.
To register as a substitute teacher:
To register as a substitute teacher you must submit the following to the Limerick Education Centre;-
To download a registration form please click here
- A completed copy of the substitute teacher registration form. This form is available for download in word format.
- An original copy of your third level certified qualification(s), this will be photocopied and returned to you.
- A completed Garda Clearance Form that can be obtained from the Garda Central Vetting Unit, Racecourse Road, Thurles, Co. Tipperary.
- A non-refundable registration fee of €50 made payable to the Limerick Education Centre. This fee will cover the cost of your registration for the academic year in which you subscribe to the service.
- A self-addressed envelope that will be used to return any documentation submitted and a copy of your receipt.