THE SHEP CERTIFICATE IN
SOCIAL AWARENESS AND
LIMERICK 2019 September to December
The programme is been overseen by the local inter-agency SHEP Mid-West Advisory Group
The current partners include The Social and Health Education Project, MWRDAF, HSE and Mid-West/Clare ETB and Paul Partnership..
All course participants will be highly subsidised by the collaboration and grant support
Are you volunteering or working in a community oriented and/or service oriented role? Are you interested in deepening your personal journey of growth and development? Are you interested in exploring how deepened awareness of relationships with community and social issues can better enable us to bring about positive change - in yourself, your organisation or community? This part-time SHEP course commencing in Sept 2019 may be of interest.
A Transformative Course
In a supportive, friendly, non-judgmental learning environment, you can grow in awareness of how we relate and cooperate in groups, how we are shaped by the society we grew up in and how we in turn shape society by our lives and actions. Themes include:
· Roles within groups
· Working co-operatively in a group situation
· Behaviour in groups
· Dealing with conflict constructively
· Leadership styles
· Talents, skills and strengths in leadership
· Why society is the way it is now
· What changes are needed and what we can do
· What the important issues in our community are
· How do realities of Gender, Power, Diversity, inter-culturalism, justice … impact our lives
· Development, environmental challenges and sustainability
A SHEP Certificate in Social Awareness & Community Empowerment is awarded for 80% attendance.
Offered at the highly subsidised rate of €100 (i.e. a concession of €350 on the normal course fee).
This is an open-access course for adults (18 and over). Application is open:
· To people who have already completed SHEP’s Certificate in Personal Development, this course here being Part Two of the SHEP Foundation Programme in Social and Personal Health Education. For these, it is a continuation of their personal journey of growth and development, through deepening awareness of the wider social relationships with which we are all involved AND
· To people as an alternative entry point to SHEP’s training pathway than the Personal Development course, so as to include participants whose main starting interest is their community, their involvement in a local organization, and want to bring deeper awareness to that involvement
Closing date: Friday 6th Sept 2019.
For Further Information:
Anita O’Shea SHEP Limerick 085-8626844/086-1451408 or Liam McCarthy SHEP (021) 4666 180
2019 Munster Maths & Science Fair in October to be biggest yet
More than 50 exhibitors have now confirmed their participation in the annual Munster Maths and Science Family Fair which is being held on Sunday 13th October in Mallow this year. This is the biggest number of exhibitors in the fair’s nine year history and entry to the event is free for visitors to it.
The Munster Maths and Science Family Fair is held at the superb Mallow GAA Sports Complex in Carrigoon which in previous years comfortably accommodated the circa 5,000 attendees. The main body of exhibitors are housed indoors in the huge sports hall, and there will also be some outdoor exhibits this year which will include emergency response vehicles and drone flying demonstrations.
As with previous years, the fair again hosts a wide range of fun activities which can be enjoyed by all ages and includes interactive demonstrations, science experiments, robotics, 3D visuals, microscopes, puzzles, and many more exciting displays.
Organised by Mallow Development Partnership, this popular annual event is sponsored by Cork County Council through the Economic Development Fund. The event is also supported by the Irish American Partnership and Mallow Credit Union.
Everyone is welcome to visit the event and entry is free. For more information, check on the event face book page or contact Freddie at